Today I thought I’d share with you an easy recipe for honey and oats biscuits! I like to make mine slightly thicker as they go fluffy on the inside and are like a hybrid of cake and biscuit which is pretty much the best thing ever! Unfortunately I didn’t get to take many pictures as I was heading out and made them to take with me, so I took a quick picture whilst I was out.
75g Self raising flour
75g Porridge oats
55g – 75g sugar *depends on how sweet you like it. I used 55g*
1 Tbsp honey/golden syrup *down to preference. I prefer honey*
1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4 and grease a baking tray or line it with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour in to a bowl then combine the oats and sugar.
- Melt the butter, honey and milk in a saucepan on low heat. Once it is all melted and heated through, combine it well with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and shape in rounds.
- bake for 10-15 minutes of until golden brown. Leave on a wire rack to cool.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!